Call for submissions: Young Talent in NASH – Student prize of the Swiss NASH Foundation
Application for the Student prize of the Swiss NASH Foundation
In 2021, the Swiss NASH Foundation will for the first time award the Young Talent in NASH prize to two exceptional students. Eligible are all students currently conducting or planning to conduct research activities in the field of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease within Switzerland or in collaboration with a Swiss group. Priority will be given to clinical, patient-centered research.
The aim of the Student prize of the Swiss NASH Foundation is to further young talent in the field of non-alcoholic liver disease with a focus on developing skills to communicate scientific topics to an interdisciplinary and/or non-scientific audience (e.g. patients, caretakers). Participants are thus encouraged to elaborate on their plans regarding communication of their research topic and findings in their application.
The prize of 1’500 CHF will be distributed equally among the winners.
- Bachelor or Master student at an institution of higher education.
- Research project in the field of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at a Swiss institution or with a Swiss group. The research activity should be ongoing or start within six months of application.
- Accepted publications or manuscripts are not eligible for evaluation but may be eligible for the category Research prize of the Swiss NASH Foundation.
- Winners agree to participate in science communication coaching with members of the Swiss NASH social media team to develop three contributions for dissemination on the Swiss NASH social media channels.
Selection of the winners
The winners will be selected by an independent international panel of experts in the field of non-alcoholic liver disease. Experts will be announced after the submission of proposals.
Required documents and submission
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Project description (max. 2 pages) covering the following: Aim, Methods, Significance, Timeline of the project, Role of the applicant in the project incl. brief concept for communication of research and findings
- Curriculum Vitae
Documents should be submitted in English as a single PDF-file by 15.05.2021 end of day (CET) to: info at swissnashfoundation dot org
Aim of the Foundation
The Swiss NASH Foundation was launched in October 2019 in Bern, Switzerland. The Swiss NASH Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to the dissemination of knowledge and raising of awareness about NASH. Through funding cutting edge research projects as well as increasing knowledge and awareness about NASH, the Foundation aims at contributing to treatment discovery as well as improving patients’ quality of life.